Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sully Does the Hula

Today Jane and I had the privilege and the pleasure of attending Community Night at Sully's school, Oscar Meyer, in Chicago. Sully has been attending pre-school there this year. He loves school, has lots of friends, and is doing very well. He loves his teacher, Miss Sarah, and all the other staff at the school. And I must say when Jane and I have visited the school to drop off or pick up Sully the staff seems quite professional. We can tell they really care about Sully, they know who we are and we're made to feel welcome and a part of the school community.

Well, of course, the main attraction at Community Night for us was Sully. He was resplendent in his tie-dyed T-shirt and grass skirt. He helped me and Trevor and Abby make beautifully festive Leis. However the highlight of the evening was when he demonstrated the Hula. He and his friend, Nathan, standing next to him definitely have the moves. I was particularly impressed by Sully's very professional bow at the end of his performance. Bravo, Sully!!!

3 comments:

  1. This is just a test comment from Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Sully has a future as a hula dancer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video Dad!! I'm very impressed! It was a great night and a lot of fun sharing it with Sully!

    ReplyDelete