Saturday, May 30, 2009

Shucking Corn








Posted by PicasaLast weekend Trevor and Abby had a chance to visit their Great-Uncle Mark and his friend Janet in Michigan. Their Great-Grandpa John and his friend Marion, their Poppa Mike and Gramma Jane, their Great-Uncle Chris, their Aunt Bec and Uncle Matt, and their Cousin Olivia were all there to help celebrate Mark's and Trevor's birthdays. Mark prepared an amazing feast, but like all great chefs, he needed lots of help in the kitchen. Trevor and Abby did their part by helping to prepare the corn-on-the-cob, an essential part of any summer celebration. I can't tell who is having more fun, Mark or the kids, can you?

4 comments:

  1. Marilyn aka Grammy30/5/09 10:12 AM

    Oh boy! My mouth is watering just thinking of that wonderful summer corn. I had heard via the grapevine that it was a very memorable and happy day for all--a regular family reunion, minus a few...

    ReplyDelete
  2. O can't wait until she's old enough to do all the things her cousins do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who better to help a great chef than 2 farm kids who help grow the corn?!! It was a great visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike! Love this blog! Laura found me on facebook and I ended up googling you and found this blog. I remember my mom mentioning that you had started blogging! It's great!! Hope you are all doing well...it looks like you are. Tell everyone I say hello and I will be following along with your blog. Take care!
    Carrie Staley Hromek :)

    ReplyDelete