Friday, June 26, 2009

Workshops!

Sully (4) and Charlie (1½) are vacationing with me and Gramma this week. It’s been an adventure and a privilege to be a part of their world for a bit.
So… yesterday I woke up to this.
“Poppa, it’s five-four-five.”
“Sully, it’s a bit early, don’t you think. Come, get in bed with Poppa.”
“Poppa, what’s the plan?” said Sully, snuggled in between me and Gramma.
“Well,” I replied, “your aunts and cousins are coming to go swimming with you today. And I’m going to work to think about a workshop.”
Sully thought about this a minute and said, “Maybe you’ll see Santa. He has a workshop!”

3 comments:

  1. Conversations with little ones are PRICELESS!!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great!! Did you ever think of your "workshops" as being part of Santa's plan?? Maybe you should and that would make it more festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sully is quite the thinker! I should just carry a tape recorder around with me all day!

    ReplyDelete