Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Visit with Alex




Today Poppa, Gramma, and Olivia visited Prentice Women's Hospital to check on Mommy, Daddy and Alex. Since this was Olivia's second visit she was quite excited to see everyone. As we drove to the hospital, she seemed to know exactly where we were going. Olivia is practicing to be a helpful big sister and always tells Poppa and Gramma to "Shhhhh" when we're near Alex's new crib. Olivia says a good approximation of Alex's name and she talks about him often.

We all thought Mom and Alex looked great. Mom had a good night's sleep, and I think you can tell from the pictures she looks well rested (I'd say radiant). Bec's smile lights up the room and she is positive and upbeat, especially when she's near Alex.

Alex is just about the most beautiful baby one could imagine, and we're all thrilled to welcome him into the world and into our little family. he is doing quite well and its easy to see how much he enjoys spending time with his Mom and Dad. He definitely loves cuddling up with his parents and grandparents.

It was a big thrill for me to hold little Alex for the first time today. He's the cutest little peanut, and he certainly enjoyed snuggling with his Poppa as he burrowed into my arms and got all nice and warm. Snuggling with my grandchildren is one of my greatest pleasures, and I will remember my first time with Alex for the rest of my life. I'm sure I'll enjoy recounting the story of the first time I held him many times in the future!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: