Saturday, January 2, 2010

Winter Fun

One of the best ways to enjoy winter is to go outside (as Bec says "Embrace it!") and enjoy it with children. I've had a number of opportunities to do that lately and mother nature has certainly cooperated by providing lots of snow and winter weather. We closed out 2009 by visiting Lincoln Park Zoo and the Peggy Notebart Museum with the grandkids. Jane and I were joined by Andy and Sarah and my brother, Chris, who taught O, Charlie, and Sully to throw snowballs and also taught them some sneaky snowball fighting strategies that I'm sure will serve the grandkids well later in life. But most of all we made some wonderful memories together. My New Year's Resolution is to make as many memories as possible and to get back to sharing them regularly in my blog. I hope 2010 is filled with amazing adventures and memories for the whole family and that we get to experience as many of them as possible together!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I am trying to embrace this weather but the frigid temperatures are making it increasingly harder! We had a great time walking around in the snow with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun, but frigid, day. I know there will be lots more to come. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete