Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Adventuring






Whenever I get the chance I like to spend a day with just one of my grandchildren. That way we can hang out and really get to know each other. Sully and I did just that the other day. Since we had a lot of adventuring to do we started out the day with a hearty breakfast of pancakes , bacon, eggs, and apple juice. With a good meal under our belts we set off on our adventure at Morton Arboretum where we spent the day watching frogs, getting soaking wet, building dams, climbing on ropes, and investigating tree houses. Sully and I had a blast having all kinds of outdoor fun and and discussing whatever came to mind. Pizza for lunch rounded out the day. Both of us were reluctant to end the day, and we can't wait for our next adventure.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. It looks like so much fun! I really need to get there one of these days! Thanks for taking him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Arboretum...looks like you two had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful day for an adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice adventure...

    please drop at my blog.
    thank you...
    http://internet-technology-information.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete