Sunday, December 7, 2008

Going "All Digital"

One of my goals is to go "All Digital". I guess when I get there I can truly label my years A.D. Something I'm definitely going to look into is using a service called Scan My Photos (see the link in the Favorite Sites box on my blog). I read about the site in an article by David Pogue in the New York Times Technology section.

Scan My Photos will take 1000 of your photos any size from 3"x3" to 11"x14", scan them the same day they receive them, and return the photos and a DVD to you for $50.00! They won't organize the photos in any way or even orient them for you, but they will be on a disk where you can store them in a safety deposit box, make copies to give your children, and of course use in any photo editing program. I highly recommend Picassa which is absolutely free. If you use a sophisticated program like Adobe Photoshop. you can even get the program to do some sorting for you because it can recognize faces in your photos.

When you send in the photos you have to sort them by size and you can orient them at that time. Scan My Photos will scan them exactly the way they get them with a super expensive, super high quality, super fast Kodak scanner. Obviously and preliminary work you do will help later because they are scanned just the way they are received. Anyway, sounds like a great idea to me. It's my first New Year's resolution: 36 years of photos are going "All Digital"!

If you enjoyed this post share your photo phrustrations.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I can't wait to read the posts, see pictures, and some drawings. I'll have to add you to "blogs that I follow."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging!! I hope you can keep up better than me!! I love your quote about vision....I may have to use that quote myself as an administrator!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to love Blogging! Welcome:)

    ReplyDelete