Sunday, December 21, 2008

Paper Journal Archive: Mashup

Most of my paper journals have been kept in unlined, bound artist's sketchbooks. I've always found this a convenient size to cary around and sketch or draw in. With a couple of the journals I experimented with decorating the covers with a collage (mashup) of anything I found interesting. These journals are my favorite ones.

Wikkipedia defines a mashup as a file containing any or all of text, graphics, audio, video and animation drawn from pre-existing sources, to create a new derivative work. In other words what used to be known as a collage. I believe that now in the 21st century when we have access to almost any content and the ability to recombine it in any form that collages (mashups) are truly the artform of the 21st century. Try one; you might enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment