Friday, December 19, 2008

Our Christmas Tree

Our Christmas tree is nothing special, but every year Jane and I look forward to decorating and setting it up sometime after Thanksgiving. For us it’s a trip down memory lane through the whole history of our marriage. Most of the many ornaments on the tree were made or given to us by our children, family, or friends. Others Jane and I bought together as a remembrance of some special occasion or trip.

As Jane carefully unpacks and places each ornament we retell its particular story. Decorating the tree usually takes all day, but its a time Jane and I treasure every year.

3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I love to look at all of the ornaments we have had forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a trip down memory lane for me as well. I love looking at all the ornaments, even the embarrassing ones one I made as a child. ( I know those are moms favorites)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your tree!! It always reminds me, "There's no place like home!"

    ReplyDelete