Sunday, December 7, 2008

How This Began

I was inspired to create this blog by the efforts of my three daughters Laura, Sarah, and Rebecca who blog mainly about my grandchildren (my favorite of many interests). As they nudged me into following their blogs I became more and more fascinated. Not only were they creating more time for me to spend with my grandchildren, but I was being given a special and intimate view of their families lives and what these lives meant to my daughters. Often they were revealing much more than they knew.

It also began to dawn on me that I was witnessing history in the making, and that this historical record would be available to me (and to their children!) in its entirety from any computer (and soon probably any cellphone) forever . What a tremendous legacy!

And so I decided I'd like to add to the record of our family too. Perhaps by sharing something of myself. Perhaps my children and grandchildren and (may I be so bold, my great-grandchildren) and my friends too might enjoy learning a bit about what it's like to be me and to inhabit my world. Hope all of you enjoy. Thank you to Laura, Sarah, and Rebecca, my daughters... and next to Jane my three best friends in the whole world!

If you enjoyed this post, leave a comment about why you started your blog.

1 comment:

  1. I started a blog to "scrapbook" our day to day life. So that in 30 years, O can get on a computer anywhere in the world and see her life story.

    ReplyDelete